Monday, January 31, 2011

I DID NOT knit this.



Yet. I really want to make one, but am a little frightened by the knitter who commented "The pattern is pretty easy until page 11." (In case you're curious, the pattern's free on Ravelry, called "In The Pink" and there are many breathtaking examples there. Literally, they were breathtaking.

I am looking at finishing the big knitting project I have working on since the day after Christmas. I had to look at this tutorial again which, next to Bible Gateway, is by far the most helpful piece of information of any kind on the internets.

My husband 100% RULED when he taught at a family entertainers industry convention this weekend. It's funny -he's been a professional performer, on and off, since the age of 11, and who loves to talk more than he? (Okay, besides me, I mean.) And he still gets really nervous about doing shows and especially presenting lectures! I find that surprising. And, in retrospect, adorable.

3 comments:

FuguesStateKnits said...

OMG That thing is CRAZY!! :) Enjoy!

Jane Weaver said...

If you're talking about the Entrelac Scarf, it's very pretty but I'm not in the least tempted to make it. Not sure why. An old boyfriend gave me a sweater like that when I was about 20. I had the sweater for a long time but not the guy, but I was good with that (though he was a great gift giver).

betsy said...

Oh! I see that the photo has disappeared. Perhaps I can find one and replace it.

Jane, it's a swirly lace shawl that looks a Hubble shot of the galaxy. It's gorgeous and looks really hard.